Lynne Menz Designs has evolved since 2001 from a freelance web site design business to a specialty designs and printing business. Following a 20 year career in engineering, Lynne honed in on skills of creativity, resourcefulness, an innate sense of design and superior customer service to develop a nation-wide client base. She was sought out to be the Creative Director for two product lines for start-up companies: Nautical Stationery and Legacy Cards.
Lynne’s career began in 1979 after graduating from SUNY Canton with an AAS in mechanical engineering. She spent the next 14 years employed with General Motors’ fuel systems division as a test technician in Research & Development. Two of those years, she was the administrative assistant to the Human Resources Director and was introduced to public relations, management and employee assistance responsibilities. After accepting a career-transition buyout, she earned her BA in Psychology from the University of Rochester. In 1994, she was hired as an energy engineer for an energy service company and was introduced to high efficiency lighting design for large corporations such as Xerox and Delphi Automotive. She became the account manager for the RG&E Demand Side Management program, 8 of those years self-employed on a part time basis. The part-time status allowed Lynne to develop her new found passion…computer graphics and web site design.
In 2002, with the eagerness of accepting very unique opportunities, Lynne was challenged with creating a waterproof boat card design featuring nautical charts of regions around the US. Nautical Stationery was the first and only business in the country to offer a customizable design featuring authentic NOAA charts for stationery products, most popular among the wedding market. In 2008, she expanded her print methods to include dye-sublimation whereby she prints her full color designs on substrates such as fabric, ceramic tiles and tempered glass, among others.
In 2007, through six degrees of separation, Lynne was approached to design a web site for an innovative keepsake card that required a durable label material to seal cremated remains within a plastic housing. This product eventually became a patented product called Legacy Cards for the human market and My Pet at Peace for the pet market. Within the year, she became the creative director responsible for designing both custom and stock cremation cards as well as all promotional materials.
During the early development stages of Nautical Stationery, Lynne decided to leave Rochester in search of “bluer waters” and relocated to the shores of Lake Ontario in Orleans County. The duplex was perfect to expand her home-based business, complete with a new addition that would become her studio within the year. Lynne got involved in her new community and participated in the local Wooden Boat Festival as a vendor and within the year, she was asked to step in as festival coordinator. It was the website she developed for the festival that caught the attention of the Orleans County Tourism director and given the opportunity of redesigning the Tourism website and travel guide. Eventually, her designs would capture the attention of several businesses and organizations in the region and be commissioned to develop their web sites, brochures, business cards, merchandise, holiday greeting cards and newsletters.
This web site is a compilation of LMD projects and associates and features a downloadable brochure of our uniquely designed products. Use our Design Form to inquire about custom products and services.
- LMD Web Design Services : Application programmers, web site and graphic designers for an array of businesses & organizations.
- OCI Partners, LLC: Design team for Orleans County businesses, organizations and culture & tourism programs. Develops brochures, web sites, travel guides, merchandise and newsletters.
- Nautical Stationery: Creative Director developing nautical theme stationery products featuring authentic NOAA charts. Includes wedding invitation packages, business cards and custom greeting cards for clients from coast to coast.
- NauticaLyn Designs: Creating nautical theme graphics and printing on substrates such as fabric, glass, ceramic tile and neoprene materials using a state-of-the-art dye-sublimation process.
- Get Beachy Designs: Apparel & accessory designs featuring original artwork for those who want to "Get Beachy".
- Legacy Cards: Creative Director designing custom, portable keepsakes for cremains.
- My Pet at Peace Pet Memorials: Creative Director designing portable & personalized keepsakes for cremated pets.
- Company F Memorial: Designer and promoter for the Company F Memorial project honoring the Medina Armory veterans who served during 1898-1977.
- Oak Orchard Neighborhood Association: Co-Founder and Communications Director for OONA.
On Demand Specialty Printing: Using dye-sublimation printing process, we are able to print on "sublimatable" materials such as fabric, glass, ceramic tile and aluminum. We also print stationery products using digital laser technology. Because we print on-demand, please expect a 5-10 day turn-around time for our products and slightly longer for larger orders.
Thank you for your interest in my designs, services & products!